As someone plant-based, my meals are veggie-centric and I get in a food rut when I prep them the same way each time. I’ve always loved broccoli and it’s easily my favorite vegetable (tied with kale, of course). We all know variety is the spice of life, so I’m always looking to jazz up the the usual recipes and make them more a bit more appealing.
This Parmesan Roasted Broccoli does just that! It’s a super simple recipe with less than 10 ingredients (most of which you probably have in your fridge), and my favorite vegan cheese from Follow Your Heart completes the dish. Feel free to add more cheese when serving, as the recipe only calls for 2 tablespoons.
I tossed the broccoli with ravioli, Field Roast Italian Sausage, and lots of parsley for a delicious Sunday night dinner.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Time: 30 minutes, prep time: 5 minutes, yields: 4 servings
• 1 lb broccoli florets (I like them on the smaller side)
• 1/4 tsp garlic salt
• 2 small cloves garlic pressed or minced (or one large clove)
•. 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
• 2 TBSP Follow Your Heart Parmesan Cheese
• 2 TBSP lemon juice
• 2 TBPSP chopped parsley
*Commissions can be earned on linked products*
1. Preheat oven to 400º F
2. Toss broccoli with olive oil (or avocado oil) and garlic salt
3. Spread on pre-oiled baking sheet or line with oiled parchment paper
4. Bake for 10 minutes, stir
5. Add an additional 5 minutes
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with pressed garlic, nutritional yeast and cheese
7. Place back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on your oven and the level of crunchiness you’re looking for)
8. Remove from oven and while hot, add lemon juice and parsley; serve