This four ingredient ginger tea is my go-to, especially with the changing weather and impending flu season. Plus, drinking warm liquids maintains gut and intestinal health, which impacts your overall health. Ginger is easily one of my favorite superfoods, and I try to incorporate it into as many meals as possible. This awesome article from Simply Recipes demonstrates the various ways to prepare the (sometimes daunting) root! It aids in digestion, circulation and inflammation, to name a few. Lemons are high in vitamin C and help with digestion, hydration, and much more. Like ginger, honey also contains anti-inflammatory properties and it one of the best antibacterial ingredients. Feel free to omit it to make the recipe fully vegan. Enjoy!
PS: Does this ginger look like a lobster to you? Or is it just me?
Prep time: 20 minutes; active prep time: 5 minutes; yields: 4 cups of tea
• 2 TBSP fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
• 2 tsp manuka honey (optional)
• 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 4 cups boiling filtered water
1. In a heat-proof bowl, combine ginger, honey, and lemon juice
2. Pour four cups of boiling water over ingredients and stir
3. Let sit for at least 10 minutes and serve
Store in refrigerator for up to one day