I am a big fan of any meal that can squeeze in as many veggies as possible. This easy yellow curry is ready in about 30 minutes and packed with broccoli, kale, peppers, chickpeas, and red lentils. I can’t handle the spiciness of red or green curry, so yellow is always my go-to.
The main ingredients in yellow curry paste—lemongrass, ginger, coriander, and turmeric (also responsible for the brilliant yellow hue)—all contain anti-inflammatory properties. If you’re feeling like a DIY goddess, this homemade curry paste recipe from Pinch of Yum is fantastic. Otherwise, in this recipe, I used Mike’s Organic Curry Love Yellow Thai Curry Paste, a clean, low-sodium alternative that hits the spot when you’re in a pinch.
We served the curry over a mix of brown basmati and cauliflower rice, paired with Minimalist Baker’s Fluffy Gluten-Free Naan. Garnish with fresh cilantro for a little kick!
*Commissions can be earned on linked products*
Veggie Packed Yellow Curry
Prep time: 30–40 mins; yields: four servings
• 2 TBSP yellow onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup red lentils
• 4 – 5 TBSP yellow curry paste
• 3 cups coconut milk (about 2 cans)
• 1 can chickpeas
• 1 cup broccoli
• 1 cup red pepper
• 1 cups kale
• cilantro for garnish
1. Sautée onion and garlic over medium-high heat
2. Add lentils and curry paste, stirring to ensure all ingredients are combined
3. Add coconut milk, cover for 10 minutes
4. Add chickpeas, cover for 10 minutes
5. Stir and add veggies, cover 10 minutes (if you’d like the veggies to be very soft keep over heat an additional 5 – 10 minutes)
6. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or whatever grain you prefer and garnish with cilantro
7. Store in refrigerator up to 5 days